Even small tooth flaws can have a dramatic effect on your smile. Veneers, a popular cosmetic dentistry option offered by your dentists, Drs. Herbert and Harold Mendelson of Mendelson Family Dentistry in Owings Mills, MD, provide a simple way to hide the imperfections that mar your smile.
Lightweight Veneers Keep Flaws out of Sight
Veneers are tooth-shaped porcelain shells that cover the fronts of your teeth only. The restorations are just about as thick as a fingernail and are created using an impression of your mouth. Veneers are designed to hide flaws and minor damage and can help you:
- Improve the Appearance of Damaged Teeth: Small chips or shallow cracks may not affect the function of your teeth, but they are very noticeable. Adding a porcelain veneer to your tooth instantly improves the way it looks.
- Conceal Imperfections: Veneers also hide bumps, pits, uneven surfaces, and other tooth flaws.
- Hide Discolorations: Do you have one or two teeth that are darker than the others? Discolorations can occur due to tetracycline usage during childhood, large fillings, or tooth trauma. When you visit the Owings Mills dental office for your first veneer appointment, your dentist will select a veneer shade that matches the color of nearby teeth.
- Whiten a Dull Smile: Veneers hide stains caused by foods, drinks, and tobacco products. If your teeth still aren't quite as white as you'd like after teeth whitening, veneers offer an excellent alternative to whitening treatment. You'll choose the perfect shade of white to ensure your new smile meets your expectations. Veneers are stain-resistant and won't become dull even if you drink coffee, tea, or cola every day.
- Change the Shape of a Tooth: Crooked or oddly shaped teeth may not affect your ability to chew, but they can be unattractive. Fortunately, it's easy to makeover these teeth simply by adding veneers to them.
- Close Gaps: Veneers also offer an excellent option if you feel a little self-conscious about a slight gap between your teeth.
- Lengthen Short Teeth: Short teeth cause your smile to look uneven. Fortunately, the addition of a few veneers will improve the symmetry of your smile.
Interested? Call Us Today for a Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
Are you ready to find out if veneers are the perfect cosmetic dentistry option for you? Call your dentists in Owings Mills, MD, Drs. Herbert and Harold Mendelson of Mendelson Family Dentistry, at (410) 356-4100.